In the third episode of our baking school, you will learn how to make salted caramel cupcakes. Incredibly tasty cupcakes for the whole family. One of the many things you can do in your Ankarsrum Assistent.
Salted Caramel Cupcakes
150 g butter
180 g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla sugar
1 dl whipped cream
180 g wheat flour
1,.5 tsp baking powder
ca 12-24 tsp dulce de leche (1-2 tsp for each cupcake)
250 g room temperature butter
180 g icing sugar
¼ – ½ tsp salt
100 g dulce de leche
Follow these steps:
1. Set the oven to 175 °C/ 350°F.
2. Grease a standard size 12 cup muffin tin or line with cupcake papers.
3. Assemble the Ankarsrum with the beater bowl and balloon whisks.
4. Beat eggs and sugar on medium high speed until fluffy.
5. Melt the butter and add together with the cream on medium speed.
6. Mix flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar and add to the mixture on low speed.
7. Divide the batter evenly among prepared pan, filling each muffin tin only about 2/3 – ¾ full.
8. Bake in the middle of the oven for 15-18 minutes or until a skewer comes out dry.
9. Leave to cool on a baking rack under a baking cloth.
10. Hollow out the middle of the cupcakes with a small melon baller or a knife. Spoon or pipe 1-2 tsp dulce de leche into the cupcakes.
11. Beat butter on medium-high speed until light in color.
12. Add the dulce de leche.
13. Add icing sugar little by little. Add the smaller amount of salt, mix and taste. If a saltier caramel flavor is desired, add full amount of salt. Mix on low speed until a smooth consistency.
14. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag and pipe on the cupcakes.
15. Drizzle with dulce de leche before serving.